Managing Challenging Behavior: The Power of Positive Relationships
The Pyramid Model developed by the Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (CSEFEL) provides a framework for preschool teachers to support the social-emotional development of young children. In this module participants will:
- Examine their own attitudes about challenging behaviors
- Consider the range of factors that influence a child’s behavior
- Reframe behaviors in a positive way
- Identify strategies for developing positive relationships with children, families, and colleagues.
- Assess their own teaching practices for positive relationship-building strategies
- Create an Action Plan for improving relationships in their own practice
*Networking Lunch Included*
Presenter: Nicole Randall, Education Specialist: NC Healthy Social Behaviors Initiative
Credit: 0.5 CEU (Accepted by DCDEE as 5 Contact Hours) -- Must attend entire session to receive credit
Pre-Registration Required: Registration and Payment must be received no later than Wednesday, August 15th to confirm registration.
Payment Options: Register online by clicking here. Upon completion of the registration form above, click here to pay the fee online for your training (if one is required). Payment can also be brought with the participant to the workshop on August 22.
Contact Emily Kenyon with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (252)441-0614.