Family Support Network
Family Support Network offers support for families with children who have special needs by providing a one-on-one parent match with a trained support parent for emotional support, assistance in finding community resources, and sharing parenting experiences.
Mission of Family Support Network of Northeastern North Carolina:
to promote and provide support for families with children who have special needs
What do we offer?
- A Parent-to-Parent Support Program is available to you at no cost through Family Support Network of Northeastern NC.
- Volunteer Support Parents who have adapted to their child’s disability or illness are trained to offer support to families of newly diagnosed children or families undergoing a difficult transition or crisis.
- All inquiries are handled with complete confidentiality.
"Parents who have experienced the joys and challenges of raising a child with special needs are a rich resource for parents faced with a similar situation."
Information and Resources
- The Program Coordinator provides information about service providers and local services and resources for families.
- Central Directory of Resources for statewide information and referrals for families with children who have special needs. (800-852-0042)
Who Can Access Services?
- Any parent with a child who has special needs.
- Any service provider working with a family who has a child with a special need or is at risk for special needs.
Advocacy for child care and children's issues:
How to Contact Us?
For more information about Parent-to-Parent Support Services and Resources, please contact Sara Sampson at (252) 441-0614 or email at email@example.com.
Family Support Network of Northeastern NC
An affiliated program of Family Support Network of North Carolina