Dolly Parton's Imagination Library is a community-funded program that mails an age-appropriate book directly to a young child’s home every month. Books will be sent to participating children ages birth to five years.
Since 2008, Children & Youth Partnership has been providing age-appropriate books monthly to enrolled children (ages birth-5) through Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. With nearly 2,000 children ages birth-five in Dare County, Children & Youth Partnership continues to partner with the community to bring high-quality books to every zip code in Dare County.
- Check out our Imagination Library FAQ Sheet to learn more about Imagination Library in Dare County.
- Want to know what books your child will be receiving in 2017? Check out the 2017 Imagination Library Book List.
- Imagination Library books cannot be forwarded to new addresses or out of the county, so it's important that we keep an accurate address on file for your child. If your child receives Imagination Library books and you move (whether you move within Dare County or out of the county), please let us know as soon as possible.
- It only costs $27 to sponsor one Dare County child to receive books for a year. CYP welcomes donations as we continue to raise money for this worthwhile initiative. Interested in donating? Contact (252)441-0614, mail your donation to CYP at 534 Ananias Dare Street, Manteo, NC 27954 (Memo: Imagination Library), or visit darekids.org/donate and list Dolly Parton's Imagination Library as the program that you would like to support.
- Imagination Library in Dare County is a community-funded program. It would not be possible without the generosity of our local businesses, organizations, and individuals.
- In the Fall of 2017, the North Carolina Partnership for Children, in collaboration with the state legislature and the Dollywood Foundation, worked together to expand Dolly Parton's Imagination Library statewide. Through this new expansion, Children & Youth Partnership for Dare County was able to eliminate its current waiting list of children, and increase enrollment into the program in Dare County. While the program is still funded in majority by local community donations, funds provided by the state legislature through the North Carolina Partnership for Children have helped to fund new program participants in 2017-18.
To find out more about this exciting program, contact Carla Heppert at (252)441-0614 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you a Dare County resident with a child between the ages of birth and five? Enroll your child in Imagination Library today by visiting www.smartstart.org/dpil!