Annual Surfin’ Turkey 5K & Puppy Drum Fun Run
Join us for this Thanksgiving Day Surfin' Turkey 5K and Puppy Drum Fun Run, hosted by Hatteras Village and presented by the Hatteras Island Youth Education Fund (HIYEF).
Running this beautiful 5K course through the historic fishing village of Hatteras supports the youth of Hatteras Island. The proceeds from this race support the HIYEF, which provides funding for educational opportunities and enrichment in Hatteras Island schools.
Everyone gets breakfast...hot pancakes after the race! Carolina Brewery will also provide fresh microbrew beer for participants over 21 who would like to enjoy it.
Water is provided on the course. This is not a timed race; it is a family fun event, if you want to know your time please wear a watch or make sure you look at the clock at the finish line. Non-refundable charity event. Race is rain or shine but will be canceled for safety reasons in the event of severe weather. Slower runners and walkers should start at the back of the corral.
*** New for 2018 ***
This year you can register your family and friends as a rafter (flock of turkeys!)
A special award will be given to the largest rafter party and the most festive rafter party!
Surfin Turkey 5k Pricing: Price includes goody bag, T-shirt, and post-race celebration with pancakes and Carolina Brewery beer (for racers 21 and older.)
- Before 11/8/2018 → Individual: $30.00 (+$3.00 sign up fee)
- On and after 11/8/2018 → Individual: $35.00
- On-site Registration → Individual: $40
Puppy Drum Run Fun Run Pricing
- Children 10 and under: Free for run or walk, and post-race breakfast, NO T-SHIRT.
- Individual: $15.00 (+$2.50 sign up fee) for non-competitive run or walk, t-shirt, and post-race pancake breakfast.
- On-Site Registration: $20
*Register early to avoid price increase!