Child Care Resource & Referral
CCR&R offers referrals and information on choosing quality child care for families looking for early learning and out-of-school options; provides training, technical assistance, and support to early learning programs and professionals; promotes increased education for Dare County Early Care & Education Professionals by offering professional development planning and laptop computers for participation in on-line courses; provides information on child care supply and demand; and advocates for children's and child care issues for the community.
To Register and Pay for Trainings -
- To register for a training, click here.
- Upon completion of the registration form, click here to pay the fee for your training (if one is required).
For Child Care Programs and Early Learning Professionals -
- Information and technical assistance on starting a child care center or family child care home
- Child Care Referrals- For a child care referral, please call our referral specialist at (252)441-0614.
- Provider Training Calendar - Training and technical assistance for licensed and legally operating early learning programs. Registration Form (use to submit payment)- Training Calendar (for a printable version of the Dare County training calendar)
- Quality Enhancement Program provides assistance to licensed early learning centers and family child care homes to increase their star-rated license by providing training on the Environment Rating Scales, pre-assessment, consultation and development of a 6-month action plan, one-on-one technical assistance, training, post-assessment, and assistance with star-rated licensed application.
- Resource Room - Resource Room & Lending Library - Themed activity kits, big books, cds, child-sized picnic tables, red wagon, blocks and other materials are available free for check-out for 2 weeks. An Ellison Machine with a large variety of die cuts is available for use in the Children & Youth Partnership office, in addition to a laminator (users must provide their own laminating pouches-- please call 441-0614 for more information).
- Click on the following for the Albemarle Regional Training Calendar:
What is Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R)?
Child Care Resource & Referral offers services to help to improve the quality and accessibility of child care so that it meets the diverse needs of the children and their families of Dare County.
Child Care Resource & Referral offers the following services:
- Free Referrals, information and phone numbers, to licensed Child Care Centers, Family Child Care Homes, preschools, Head Start, Dare County Pre-Kindergarten programs, after-school programs, and summer day camps for school agers (CCR&R provides referrals only, not recommendations.)
- Parenting Tips/FAQ about child care
- Information on the Star Rated License and other quality child care indicators.
- Resource Room: Books, big books, activity tubs, cds, and videos are available for check-out for 2 weeks. An Ellison Machine with a large variety of die cuts are available for use in the Children & Youth Partnership office.
- Data and information on local child care supply and demand
- Advocacy for child care and children's issues.
- NC Division of Child Development and Early Education website
Contact Children & Youth Partnership's Child Care Resource & Referral staff at 252-441-0614 or by e-mail for more information:
- Bonnie Brumbeloe, Early Childhood Education Manager: email@example.com
- Emily Kenyon, Early Childhood Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org