Outer Banks Cycle Event
Pedal your way around Manteo! This cycle race is open to riders of all experience levels! For more information, visit our website!
- Age: 16 and up for 20k and 40k, age 7 and up (with an adult) for the 8K Recreational Ride -(age calculated on day of event)
- Helmets required –Safety Check your bike before leaving home.
- 20K, 40K & 50 Miler: Only standard road bicycles will be permitted. Recumbent bikes or other types of bikes are not permitted. Aero bars are not allowed. All bikes ok for recreational ride.
- Drafting permitted but not encouraged (only those participants with considerable experience in pace lining should consider drafting).
- Cyclists must stay to the right of the center line as segments of the route will be on roads that will continue to be used by the vehicular public. Cyclists of varying ability will be passing each other going in opposite directions
- Please pass on the left only. Police and race marshals will be present to ensure best possible safety.
- Please be prepared to support your own ride. There will, however, be a support vehicle on the course and not the cannot finish.