Uscg Aux Boat America Boating Safety Class
This course satisfies NC boat operator education requirements.
Course topics include the following:
- Introduction to Boating – Types of boats, engines, boating terms, sailboats, paddle craft, powerboats.
- Boating Law – Boat registration, regulations, hull identification numbers, required safety equipment, Federal boating law, state boating law, and reporting accidents.
- Safety Equipment – Life jackets, fire extinguishers, sound-producing devices, visual distress signals, anchors, and other safety equipment.
- Safe Operation and Navigation – Buoys and beacons, aids to navigation, navigation rules, docking, and the dangers of alcohol on the water.
- Boating Emergencies – Hypothermia, boating accidents, man overboard, capsizing, emergency radio calls, carbon monoxide dangers, and weather.
- Trailering – Types of trailers, lights, hitches, towing a trailer.
- Sports and Boating – Water-skiing, hunting and hunting gear, PWC operation, and other boating tips.
All classes taught by certified Coast Guard Auxiliary Instructors.
Tuition is $35 for 1st family member, $25 for each additional family member and includes all materials.
Where is the event?
Southern Shores Volunteer Fire Department
15 S. Dogwood Trail